PSI IS LOOKING FOR A PARAMEDIC TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT BARRINGTON COUNTRYSIDE FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
Generous annual wage increases
PTO Schedule comparable to public sector
Room for advancement
Exceptional 401k match
New Fire Station
Advanced training opportunities
Plus more! Contact us today about this unique opportunity!
Provides high quality pre-hospital advanced life support that includes patient evaluation, treatment and stabilization to the injured or ill patient. A Paramedic has a comprehensive knowledge base and is able to assess and provides care for a broad range of medical emergencies as approved by the local EMS Medical Director within the scope of practice of an approved EMS System Plan and the Illinois Department of Public Health.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist with vehicle and equipment maintenance, station maintenance, public education, public relations, public health safety programs, emergency medical service training, rescue, extrication, demonstrations, instructing and any other activity that would benefit the Company, its contracting communities, or the general public.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current/Valid Illinois Driver’s License of proper classification
- Successful completion of a Paramedic program and maintain a current/valid Illinois Department of Public Health License
- Capable of completing continuing education and testing requirements in the system that you are assigned
- Successful completion of a professional and criminal background check
- Successful completion of a motor vehicle check
- Successfully pass pre-employment testing including a Fit for Duty Physical, Drug Screening, Agility and Lifting Evaluation
PREFERRED (but not required)
- PHTLS/ BTLS/ITLS
- CPR Instructor
Apply now if you are a licensed Paramedic who strives for excellence and desires an exceptional career opportunity.